|needTips||Need some tips on how to begin? Here's a straightforward guide!|
|step1||Step 1: Enter Tasks|
Habitica is nothing without real-world goals, so enter a few tasks. You can add more later as you think of them! All tasks can be added by clicking the green "Create" button.
* **Set up [To Do's](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/To_Do%27s):** Enter tasks you do once or rarely in the To Do's column, one at a time. You can click on the tasks to edit them and add checklists, due dates, and more!
* **Set up [Dailies](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Dailies):** Enter activities you need to do daily or on a particular day of the week, month, or year in the Dailies column. Click task to edit when it will be due and/or set a start date. You can also make it due on a repeating basis, for example, every 3 days.
* **Set up [Habits](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Habits):** Enter habits you want to establish in the Habits column. You can edit the Habit to change it to just a good habit :heavy_plus_sign: or a bad habit :heavy_minus_sign:
* **Set up [Rewards](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Rewards):** In addition to the in-game Rewards offered, add activities or treats which you want to use as a motivation to the Rewards column. It's important to give yourself a break or allow some indulgence in moderation!
* If you need inspiration for which tasks to add, you can look at the wiki's pages on [Sample Habits](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Sample_Habits), [Sample Dailies](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Sample_Dailies), [Sample To Do's](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Sample_To_Do%27s), and [Sample Rewards](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Sample_Custom_Rewards).
|step2||Step 2: Gain Points by Doing Things in Real Life|
|webStep2Text||Now, start tackling your goals from the list! As you complete tasks and check them off in Habitica, you will gain [Experience](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Experience_Points), which helps you level up, and [Gold](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Gold_Points), which allows you to purchase Rewards. If you fall into bad habits or miss your Dailies, you will lose [Health](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Health_Points). In that way, the Habitica Experience and Health bars serve as a fun indicator of your progress toward your goals. You'll start seeing your real life improve as your character advances in the game.|
|step3||Step 3: Customize and Explore Habitica|
Once you're familiar with the basics, you can get even more out of Habitica with these nifty features:
* Organize your Tasks with [tags](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Tags) (edit a Task to add them).
* Customize your [Avatar](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Avatar) by clicking the user icon in the upper-right corner.
* Buy your [Equipment](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Equipment) under Rewards or from the [Shops](<%= shopUrl %>), and change it under [Inventory > Equipment](<%= equipUrl %>).
* Connect with other users via the [Tavern](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Tavern).
* Hatch [Pets](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Pets) by collecting [Eggs](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Eggs) and [Hatching Potions](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Hatching_Potions). [Feed](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Food) them to create [Mounts](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Mounts).
* At level 10: Choose a particular [Class](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Class_System) and then use Class-specific [skills](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Skills) (levels 11 to 14).
* Form a Party with your friends (by clicking [Party](<%= partyUrl %>) in the navigation bar) to stay accountable and earn a Quest scroll.
* Defeat monsters and collect objects on [Quests](https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Quests) (you will be given a quest at level 15).
Have questions? Check out the [FAQ](<%= faqUrl %>)! If your question isn't mentioned there, you can ask for further help in the [Habitica Help guild](<%= helpGuildUrl %>).
Good luck with your tasks!